Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!


For those of you who live in the U.S. I hope you had a beautiful day with your family and for those of you who have served or are serving our country, thank you very much.

This is the Mary Fancy Sash Dress from Jennifer Paganelli's Girl's World book. I participated in the Rick Rack Therapy online class with Dolin and Jennifer and it was so so well done. I learned a couple of new techniques that I will be using in my sewing process. It was well worth my time.

The dress is a very simple design it does not have a zipper but instead has elastic at the waist in the back and a wide neck opening. Because of the loose nature in the bodice you will want to check the measurements of the dress, particularly the bodice, and of your daughter and maybe even make a muslin  to double check the fit before diving into cutting and assembling the dress. My daughter has broad shoulders and is tall enough to fit into the medium dress size but she is still narrow in the torso so I went with the size small dress and lengthened it to be long enough and it worked well. The bodice is still loose but not too loose or too tight.



I also made the Sophie Glittered Apron. I bought all the elements for the original design at Hobby Lobby but then came across this really cute glitter polka dot tulle at Hancock's Fabrics. It does not photograph well but let me tell you if you find it at your local Hancock's Fabrics you will be squealing and so will your daughter(mine flipped!). It's super cute. Take my word for it. Here's a closer shot.


I tried the strips of glitter ribbon at the bottom like the pattern required, but it took away from the glitter dots so I left them off. Also the glitter ribbon that I found at Hobby Lobby did not come in the largest size required for the sash but this worked pretty well I think. The glitter ribbon at Hobby Lobby was made for Jennifer's fabrics. Not literally but the colors blend so well with her fabrics. So nice!

I cannot finish this blog post without showing you the namesake fancy sash.



I just love it's size! So girlie!

I gotta ask ,are you all impressed with me blogging two days in a row? I am! I have soooo much sewing catching up to do. If I get it blogged like I plan, your head is going to be spinning.

If you are having problems leaving a comment shoot me an email. I heard from one friend she was having difficulty. I just want to be sure my blog is functioning correctly. Thank you and God bless you!

4 comments:

  1. Great job on the dress! She looks quite pleased to be wearing such a fancy ensemble.

    And yes, I'm impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE, jenny! i really love the glitter apron, too! nice work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter looks sweet in the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress! Loving the glittered apron.

    ReplyDelete